In Case of Accident
Residential Area
Commercial Area
Vehicle Theft
Bomb Blast
Property Purchase
Double Your Money Scheme

Whom To Contact For Help
Anti Extortion Cell
Modus Operandi Bureau
Missing Person Bureau
Alert Citizen Line

Drunken Driving
Driver's License
When Stopped by the Traffic Police

Public Suggestions
Public Grievances
Public Messages
Other Useful Site
Contact mujrim.com
  • Stop and help the injured. Under Section 134 of the Motor Vehicles Act, it is the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle involved in the accident to convey the injured to the nearest hospital / medical practioner. The doctor in such a case shall be duty bound to provide medical aid without waiting for any procedural formalities
  • If the accident involves a vehicle carrying dangerous goods (oil tankers, chemical carriers etc.), keep everyone away. Do not let anyone smoke in the vicinity.
  • Offer medical assistance. If the person refuses medical assistance, try to obtain in writing from the person that he does not desire any medical help.
  • Note down names and addresses of witnesses and registration numbers of vehicles passing by, these could prove useful during investigations.
  • If a policeman comes on scene, note his name and number as well.
  • Do not move the vehicle - unless ordered by a police officer to do so / to remove a trapped person / to prevent obstruction to fire services.
  • The victim and his relatives have a RIGHT to obtain the copy of the FIRST INFORMATION REPORT, PANCHNAMA, MEDICAL REPORT and other relevant documents for claiming compensation. The victim can move the Motor Accident Claim Tribunal as prescribed by the law. 

Copyright © 2001 AB Infoway. All rights reserved. Information in this site is collected from various Police Department. For comments or questions about this site contact bharat@mujrim.com